Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 8

The nurse practitioner called this morning (this has been one thing I love about UVRMC, the nurse practitioner always calls after doing rounds). She went down on his nCPAP pressure so now its at 7. The plan was to take him off of it this afternoon. I got there at 10:30 and one of the nurses told me she thought they had taken him off. I was so excited but as soon as I saw him I realized that he was back on the nCPAP. What happened is Brigham pulled the tubes out of his nose 3 times in about 15 minutes. He was getting MAD at them trying to get them back in so they decided to see how he would do without it. Within a few minutes he was breathing really fast again and retracting quite a bit. So they put him back on. BUMMER.

He has really developed quite an appetite. He definitely lets us know when he is hungry. We decided to go up 3 mL every feeding. He is really tolerating food quite well. By tomorrow he should be completely off the IV and just getting breastmilk. Now if he would just get off the nCPAP so I can nurse him.....grrrrr.

I decided not to go back tonight. Levi and Callie and I have been playing together. Josh and Millie are still in Afton. They are coming back tomorrow and I am so excited for them to get back.

No comments: